Commercial, Community & Civic, Interior, Urban Design & Masterplanning
City of Frankston
Transforming Water Approaches and Visual Identity
Full Design, documentation and delivery.
The City of Frankston,
$ 8 m
The tired existing building is given a new lease of life with the base structure reinvented with new vibrant colours and enhanced with elegant new sustainable screens.
The concept improves the visual presentation of the client, whilst also contributing to enhanced environmental conditions and reduced energy consumption. The solid existing base building is retained and complemented with new lightweight screens that provide a veil to the building. This provides a sense of permeability, openness and accessibility, appropriate for a civic building. Internal spaces are opened up to provide a series of vibrant work areas, each enjoying natural light and views out.
Teamwork is encouraged in the open environment, which is supported by a variety of new think tank pods and meeting spaces.
The client was keen to see that the building reflected their environmental credentials and a number of key sustainability initiatives were employed including:
- External screening to windows
- New tinting to existing windows
- New HVAC system with an economiser cycle
- Access to views to outside and natural light to every desk
- Integrated plant features to improve Indoor Air Quality
- GECA Certified workstations and furniture and recycled carpet tiles
- High-Efficiency light fittings, sensor controls and BMS